Ideas and suggestions for window treatments, slipcovers, nursery decor and bedding...and other thoughts and inspirations for your home and garden...

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Soft Aqua-Could it have a calming effect? I HOPE SO!!!!











OK...So, it seems that the last couple of weeks have put Bobby and me over into a new place of crazy/busy!!!! Be careful what you wish for, but I will say most importantly, "Thank you, God!".
We are continuously trying to find a new twist to change up some of our favorite pieces-and, I could not wait to take this one to our booth at Old South Antique Mall yesterday....but, we had a call from someone local, and when I mentioned we were busily getting ready to go to Dothan to measure a home for roman shades and other things, she immediately asked, "are you taking anything to the antique store?" I answered, hesitantly-(am I crazy?)-"well, yes...we have a few things to carry to our booth..."
Well, the story goes on that she wanted to come here immediately (before we left) to see "the new bench"...and, although I told her we would make her another one similar -I never know if we can do 2 things exactly the same-no promises in that area :) - she insisted that she would buy the bench, and a couple of other smaller pieces right then and there...and, as much as I appreciated the sale, I really did want to take that newest project to display at Old South Antique Mall.
We really have not had time to go on our favorite "day jaunts" to find some new items to add to the mix in our booth...but, I am sure things will settle down....but what do you wish for? A sort of nice problem, I'll say...
At least, I did take a few photos of my favorite piece of all time (to date) to share with you. Maybe you have some existing pieces that we could help you "change up" ...let us know, but don't call before 9, please...we sometimes work really, really, really late...and, these 6 am phone calls- well, not so good. Thanks for understanding!!! I can't believe I am actually writing about that, but it happens, and I know that we should be up at 6am, and maybe once in a while we are--but I try to handle my emails and home stuff first thing...and, out to the shop maybe by 9ish...I guess when you work from home, it's kind of whatever...there is no escaping it! Again, nice problem...sometimes :)
OK----thanks to everyone for accepting us for our eccentricities, oddities, and...our artsy lifestyle. We Love It Here in our World!!!!
Have a great weekend!!!

7 comments:

  1. Hello, thank you for coming to visit me. I just got done reading through your blog. Oh I wish we were closer. As for that woman who wanted to be on your door step before you took your new pieces to your booth, I understand why. You are an amazing seamstress and let's not forget the furniture. I love the bench in this post, everything, the color and burlap to the pillow.
    My mom was a seamstress too and I never had the chance to learn how to make slipcovers from her before she passed. I have basic sewing skills but it is the finer points that I beat my head over. So I can appreciate how much work you put into each piece. I want to ask if it would be alright if I mention you in one of my posts this week, not sure what day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your site thru Arbor House Lane & let me just say I'm speechless...Those benches are amazing! & the slipcovers...Oh how I wish I could sew!I'm gonna check out your etsy store & I will definitely be back for more inspiration!
    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This bench is adorable. And I love all of your slips! The wing chairs look amazing. I covered a bench with a ruffled skirt a while back. It's my favorite. I think that look is so cute. Oh, how I could get lost in your store.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog via Arbor House's post. I have to say we sure do like and do the same things. I can't wait to find some time and look back over your blog.
    thanks from a new follower,
    tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over after read about you on Arbor House's last post, too. And I'm so glad I did. I love your aqua bench!!! I also adore all of your burlap and ruffles. I have been making burlap and ruffled items for the last little while. But nobody in my area of Canada has seen anything made out of burlap, it is taking it's time catching on up here. Your blog is very inspiring, so I will be back. Hugs, Cindy S

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know how I got here!!! I sure am glad I showed up on your doorstep though...I love the aqua and burlap combination in this piece...it's gorgeous!!! I'll be back...:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I found your blog via Alaina at Arbor House Lane. I just LOVE that bench! The color, the scale, the lines...everything is gorgeous! I've enjoyed browsing through your blog. LOVE all your pieces! I'm a happy new follower. :)
    Have a nice day,
    ~ Jo

    ReplyDelete