Ideas and suggestions for window treatments, slipcovers, nursery decor and bedding...and other thoughts and inspirations for your home and garden...

Friday, March 19, 2010

Whose law is it anyway?






You know, each and every year ( for the last few it seems anyway), I start doubting my continuous orders right after the holidays. That's when it usually slows a bit, for whatever reason...and I get a little bit "worried". Well, this year-like all the others-it happened. I fretted the whole month of January and a little of February-just not as busy-but maybe, too, the economy stuff and health care (ugh...). So what do I do now? I mean-there are some orders-but not as many "decorator-in-charge" orders. And...we still have 2 children, or should I say "young adults" in college.
I think it is "Murphy's Law" that states that anything that can go wrong does go wrong...or something to that effect...but I always say that it is the "Law of the Land"-either you have nothing to do or way, way, way too much...So that happened too...THANK YOU GOD!!! This is truly God's Law...and I am so thankful (even though I might whine or wonder how I am going to get to everybody).
I am working on a "real decorator" order now (beautiful Schumacher antique gold dot moire fabric drapes and coordinating sofa pillows with a braided cording- the dining room is next, and then the master, I think) ...and those orders CANNOT be put on the back burner, ever. But, I have a chair to slipcover with some of the cutest fabric ever-stay tuned for that one-I'm going to slip it in pretty soon-...and a child's bedroom whose mom keeps calling to see if I'm ready, " yet?"...and some white slipcovers for a set of dining chairs....and a zebra fabric slipcover for an ottoman...and a kitchen window treatment to discuss and figure out...and a living room-drapes...and a master bedroom complete-duvet, shams, and drapes (by April),...a sweet nursery for a precious "grandmother-to-be", ...and a couple other people in Dothan who probably have given up on me by now... And...I have some "great ideas" that I want Bobby and me to work on together. I wish I could do those right now, you know?
This is one of those "love-hate" things....I hate it when I am not busy... and, I love it when I am busy....but I hate having to make people wait...and, it is soooooo difficult to know how long any project is going to take. I work for myself, by myself-I told my mom the other day that I always did love that story "The Shoemaker and the Elves"...but, I have no elves...just me (and I haven't taught Bobby to sew,....yet). That could be a story for another day...
I really want to do all these projects...and I will-if everyone will wait for me. I try to keep an order to my business-although it's really hard not to help someone with a real deadline.
So, I will just keep sewing away...by the way, we are still moving into the workshop-it's going to be great-I can just tell! But, that "law" thing...it takes up lots of time...and I need a couple of weeks off to move-but I'm not complaining...
Thanks again, God, for opportunities!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment