Ideas and suggestions for window treatments, slipcovers, nursery decor and bedding...and other thoughts and inspirations for your home and garden...

Monday, January 25, 2010

Not your Everyday "Cottage" or "Cabin"














































I wanted to post a few pictures from a "grand new home"....just to let you know that although my name "Cottage and Cabin" might make you think "simple"...I do occasionally create interiors for some of this area's grandest of houses. And, I am truly honored to be able to work with the homeowners to bring the sophisticated elegance they wish for their interiors.
These photographs include: master bedroom draperies-silk wide stripes, lined with blackout for light control and interlining to add softness-these draperies showcase inverted pleats, and are mounted on a contemporary traverse rod; natural linen drapery panels mounted on a small iron rod for a guest room; a child's room with a board mounted shaped valance and lined drapes along with a matching shower curtain and large upholstered valance for the adjoining bath; and, roman shades made of a brown plaid for a little boy's room.









I also made assorted bedding (duvets, pillows, and bedskirts) to compliment these rooms.









It is certainly a joy to be able to create these interior furnishings, and I am blessed to have such wonderful clients. I truly feel that I have been given the "opportunity of a lifetime" with each and every home- be it cottage, cabin, or castle!









No comments:

Post a Comment