Ideas and suggestions for window treatments, slipcovers, nursery decor and bedding...and other thoughts and inspirations for your home and garden...

Monday, July 6, 2009

Cottage and Cabin...Nursery Collection






One of my favorite collections...Cottage and Cabin Nursery. I have always enjoyed making nursery bedding groups...mixing and matching fabrics...painting a piece of furniture...and, working with clients for their special "arrival". My latest nursery, I will say, has been the most fun...not because I truly loved the fabrics or colors or design (although I did)...but, because it is for my very first grandchild....I really can't believe it...I feel like I am living in a fairytale...but, it is true...baby Grayson is due in August. His room is complete and ready for him, except for hanging a shelf and a picture or two.



So, naturally, with baby rooms in mind, I am constantly thinking of ways to adapt a piece of furniture for "The Nursery".



This cute red side table would be the perfect fit in a nursery using primary colors...the glass covered inset details royal blue on white old fashioned nursery rhymes and drawings. The table would be good for a lamp and, placed next to a platform rocker slipcovered in a blue and white check, could be the inspiration piece for the complete nursery design.



This table is for sale and available at Old South Antique Mall in Dothan, Alabama.



No comments:

Post a Comment